How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Fayetteville
Security cameras can solely be used as a warning—a display that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras come equipped with an array of tools all built to enable comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these features enable you to get the most from security cameras in Fayetteville.
How To Set Up Your Fayetteville Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is installing the components in the proper spots within your home. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented spots such as the living room or family room. It’s also a great idea to have a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your patio, driveway, and yards, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front door via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas within your house that aren’t quite as vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom can hinder your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Security Cameras
Component layout is only the foundation for extracting the utmost out of home security cameras in Fayetteville. The features listed below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant alerts on your smart device anytime strange movement is detected. You can also program cameras to start capturing footage when activity is detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to film and save clips so you can view them later.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone with the device. Through your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or greet your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view determines how much a security camera can see, and gives you a more complete view of what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that have at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to guard single areas within your living space.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Fayetteville is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (910) 275-4051 or fill out the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.