Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Fayetteville?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Fayetteville? As a general rule, you should consider three significant sectors of your property for video protection: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and key interior rooms. Although your security installer is able to advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Protect Your Front Entryway
Although it might seem absurd that a burglar would attempt to just walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions happen at this obvious access point. You can also count delivery bandits among other dangers to think about. A doorbell camera is ideal to tackle all of these concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you have the ability to chat with all guests who walk up and press the button. By using your mobile application, like ADT Control, you may reply to every ring with two-way communications and live video and give the impression you’re on site. Then if a visitor attempts something nefarious, you can have your camera automatically record a clip and send it to your smartphone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult task. Luckily, there are a few beneficial suggestions to make sure you’re well protected.
- The corners of your Fayetteville residence allow for a large viewing angle, seeing two parts of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or directly into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for cameras as they will be somewhat concealed by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is an easier access point for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a deck or sliding door -- or any entrance not visible from the sidewalk.
For each installation, be sure to trim away any bushes or tree limbs that may block your view.
Suggestions For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your home in Fayetteville. However, the added versatility means you have additional aspects to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should ensure your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine through a window can cause glare and affect your video recording. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Take the High Road: In the same fashion as a watchtower, a security camera positioned in an elevated area will provide a more panoramic view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookcases or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Set your devices where little ones and house pets have no ability to mess with them. Consider mounting or other ways to secure them to be certain they won’t wobble if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best surveillance system will fail to be of much use if there is a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to conceal your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Just call (910) 275-4051 or fill out the form on this page to get started.